Sunday, May 16, 2010

Less than 3 months...


We were enjoying a leisurely Saturday evening (05/15/2010) at some friends' after barbecuing when I (Jerry) heard a long sustained scream. The boys had gone down to the tree house to play. After arriving upon the scene, I discovered Thomas standing below the tree house holding his eye crying, and Zac was up in the tree house with a panicked look on his face. Their story revealed they were pulling on respective ends of a rope, Thomas down on the ground and Zac in the tree house. The rope was draped over a railing top board that subsequently gave way. The top board measured approximately 5' in length with nails protruding through either end. The top board fell to the ground landing vertically. As the board then toppled over, one end with a cluster of nails hit Thomas in the eye. We praise the Lord that the nails missed the iris and pupil but one nail managed to hit him on the white part of the left eye. As you can see, the other nails left scratches or punctures below his eye as well. After 4 hours of waiting in ER, we were sent home with some eye ointment. He is to go see an ophthalmologist this week for a follow-up. We made it less than 3 months between ER trips, but this time with a different kid.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thomas, I do hope your eye gets better real soon and you aren't in a lot of pain. Love you lots. Gramma

(Now I know why God gave me girls. Never spend time in ER) Thank you Lord

Gibson Family said...

Oh my goodness Thomas!!! I hope you are feeling better real soon and your mom lets you have as many popsicles as you want!!! I am sending big squeezes your way right now!!! ***SQUEEEEEEEZZZE***

XOXO Auntie Emmy

Smith Family said...

Praise God it wasn't worse! Hope you feel better soon Thomas!