Saturday, January 1, 2011

More Fun

 On my list of favorite things to do, ice skating is in the top ten. In the winter when I was a kid,(when it finally got cold enough) my mom, sisters and I along with a few neighborhood kids would go down an old logging road in our sub-division to a beaver pond to ice skate. Such fun! So now as an adult it brings me great joy to be able to take my own kids ice skating. I have yet to find any frozen ponds in our neighborhood, so the rink will have to do :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I would love to go skating sometime!

Gibson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gibson Family said...

ohh! What fun! I remember those fun ice skating days! So glad Thomas Zac and Kelsey get to ice skate too. Remember the igloo we made that one year??

Mullin family said...

@Emily, I do remember the igloo, it was sooo cool...literally! We had tons of fun playing in it! :)

Smith Family said...

That is one of my favorite winter memories! Two skating adventure that seem to stick out more than others (and I'm not sure if they really happened) are when Emily fell in (or atleast her foot went through the ice) and when we made a little bonfire and drank hot cocoa. That sure was nice of mom to take that many kids iceskating. I bet it was a lot of work to get us all out the door. I remember the igloo too! So cool.

Anonymous said...

Thomas you look GREAT ice skating!!!
Love, Gramma