So last night I thought I would get a jump on the laundry and threw in a load of kid clothes before I went to bed. I didn't check the pockets... Apparently, someone, (I suspect the child who is three), left a PURPLE crayon in their pocket, the crayon then went all over the clothes when they hit the heat of the dryer. Color safe bleach is my new best friend! With the aid of the "super soak" cycle on our washer and color safe bleach I've been able to get most of it out. In case you were wondering, crayon seems to come out of cotton fabric better than it does out of blends. Unfortunately, Kelsey's cute sailor dress is a blend. I'm hoping if I run it through the wash a few times the stains will come out. Anyone have any other ideas on how to get out crayon?
Monday, August 17, 2009
Disaster!
So last night I thought I would get a jump on the laundry and threw in a load of kid clothes before I went to bed. I didn't check the pockets... Apparently, someone, (I suspect the child who is three), left a PURPLE crayon in their pocket, the crayon then went all over the clothes when they hit the heat of the dryer. Color safe bleach is my new best friend! With the aid of the "super soak" cycle on our washer and color safe bleach I've been able to get most of it out. In case you were wondering, crayon seems to come out of cotton fabric better than it does out of blends. Unfortunately, Kelsey's cute sailor dress is a blend. I'm hoping if I run it through the wash a few times the stains will come out. Anyone have any other ideas on how to get out crayon?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
SO Sad
I saw on line that 1 1/2 C Wisk 3X concentrated 1 1/2 C Oxy
Clean and 1 C Zout (they have Zout at Safeway) should get the crayon stains out. Hope they are right LOVE Kelsey's dress.
Mom
I saw these instructions on ehow.com I'm pretty sure I'd heard this somewhere before. Good luck!
http://www.ehow.com/how_2037660_melted-crayons-fabrics.html
Thanks for the advise :)
Post a Comment