My sister Emily, her husband Dan and their sweet baby Riley live in a house on Dan's family's farm in Hudson, CO. Dan's family (Dan works for a natural gas company, but helps out at harvest time) farms about 320 acres, mostly corn, wheat, & alfalfa. It was interesting to be staying on a real working farm, the fields of wheat were particularly beautiful. But the work is hard! Dan's mom was out checking the irrigation pipes at 10:00 pm and then early the next morning I hear her pickup drive by to check them again at 5:00 am. I suppose farmers don't get comp. or overtime pay....The picture of Dan with the gun is to get "critters" particularly gophers who eat the roots of the crops. He didn't see any that evening, but they have been warned!

1 comment:
Beautiful pictures. I love the one of Riley looking up to Kelsey.
Post a Comment