A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away....before children, I thought that when I became a stay at home Mom I would have lots of extra time to make jam and plant a huge garden....because babies sleep a lot, right? Well I now know how completely exhausting (fussy baby Thomas would cry inconsolably from 10:00 pm - 2:00 am ) caring for an infant can be!At long last I was able to find that "extra time" and made 12 pint jars of strawberry jam this past weekend. And because of the abundance of strawberries we had strawberry shortcake (yep just strawberry shortcake) for lunch on Sunday. This was a HUGE hit, and I think it would be a fun tradition to have shortcake for lunch at least once during the summer.

4 comments:
Yum!!! I think a jar of your jam would make a great 'welcome home' present for anyone you know making a big move across the country to be closer to famiy =).
I know what you mean about all that "extra time"! I don't know were it goes every day, but it's hardly ever there.
Would you believe? I can't figure out where all the time has gone at the end of day! And I don't have any crying, or exploring babies at our house.
Thomas looks as if he enjoys strawberry shortcake! Yum! Our strawberries did well this year and froze quite a lot.
LOL! I can so relate! This is the first year I've been able to keep up on my garden and not let it get completely overgrown with weeds...well, maybe I shouldn't speak too soon, there's still lots of summer left! Anyway, beautiful pictures of strawberries. We went picking ourselves recently...it's a fun tradition!
So I guess I shouldn't feel so bad.....I had such great ideas for what I would do when I was a stay at home mom...Riley is a lot of work! And she's the only one!!! I think you should smuggle some jam when you come to colorado....
Post a Comment